Cleaning is quite a tedious task, but it is essential if we want to live in a safe and pleasant environment. Due to the current pace of life, we end up resorting to chemical products to do it, which is very harmful not only to the environment but also to our health, so here we explain how to clean your bathroom quickly and ecologically in 5 steps.
You must understand that chemical products, although they quickly remove dirt, end up reaching the sea and the environment in one way or another, killing many living beings and further contaminating the planet. Also, it can directly affect you by coming into contact with these products by inhaling them or even by touching the skin, generating many reactions in your body that you would surely not want, the most visible and immediate ones being tears and coughing.
The good thing about using greener cleaning products is that in addition to not being harmful, they are even more affordable than conventional cleaning products; in fact, you may already have them at home.
The first ingredient par excellence for cleaning is white and apple vinegar. Vinegar disinfects and removes tartar, lousy odor, limescale, and rust. Nowadays, vinegar designed explicitly for cleaning is already sold; take a look at the supermarket the next time you go.
Another product that you should pay attention to on your next visit to the supermarket is baking soda. This product is used to degrease and remove dirt since it is abrasive without being harmful; it can even be used for personal hygiene.
With these two products, you could perfectly clean your bathroom; if you want greater effectiveness, they can be mixed. Lemon is also a great cleanser that facilitates the removal of dirt and the whitening of surfaces. An extra point of lemon is that it provides a refreshing smell, which is very pleasant when cleaning.
Next, we explain five steps to clean the bathroom easily:
- Step 1: pour vinegar into the toilet starting from the top, where the water comes from, and leave the brush to soak so it can also be disinfected. When you’re done cleaning the bathroom, give the inside surface of the toilet a little scrubbing and flush. To finish, add a squeeze of lemon.
- Step 2: Sprinkle baking soda on surfaces with the most dirt and then spray with vinegar. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Step 3: while you wait for the baking soda and vinegar to take effect, create a water-based cleaner and a little white vinegar; use this solution to clean mirrors and glass.
- Step 4 – Create another cleaning solution using water, vinegar, and lemon. Use it to clean general surfaces such as sinks, toilets, bidets, or tiles and the different accessories and objects in your bathroom. Do not forget to clean the bottles of gel and shampoo or the glass of toothbrushes.
- Step 5: As the last step, you should stop cleaning the floor since while the bathroom is being cleaned, everything falls there, so it cannot be done the other way around. It will be enough to mix water with vinegar and lemon. You can use a natural aroma, such as lavender, to provide an extra fragrance.
We will give you two extra steps to have the perfect bathroom.
- Extra step: if you have a steamer, don’t hesitate to use it in the bathroom; pass it through all the areas, even the tiles; the high-temperature steam will leave your bathroom impeccable. Just make sure to air it out well afterward.
- Extra step: unclog the pipes with this recipe. Pour four tablespoons of bicarbonate into the drain and a glass of white vinegar; you will notice that foam will come out. Leave for 15 minutes, then carefully pour a pot of boiling water with a little coarse salt. This will drag the dirt.
As you can see, cleaning the bathroom can be accessible without damaging the environment or affecting our health; it is enough to replace conventional products to obtain an effective, safe and ecological cleaning.